Local child care providers and early educators are volunteering to demonstrate that they are delivering quality services through the Parent Aware Ratings – a tool designed to help parents find quality child care and early education programs in Minnesota. The One-to-Four Star Rating is the result of a thorough, six-month process that involves education, coaching, and documentation. Contact Marie Johnson at the CAP Agency Child Care Aware to learn more or participate 952-402-9824.
“My favorite part about the Parent Aware process is being able to sit down with my coach and talk about the direction of my child care business. My coach has helped guide me through my strengths and weaknesses for my own individual goals. With all these goals in place, in the end, it will benefit the present and future children in my childcare career,” said Amy Buckentin, a family child care provider in Hamburg, MN.
Through Parent Aware, providers volunteer for an objective assessment of their program. The assessment examines proven quality indicators and measures kindergarten-readiness factors like physical health and well-being, teaching and relationships, assessment of child progress, and teacher training and education.
The rating is posted to the new Parent Aware website – www.parentaware.org. Parents are then able to search the site to select child care best suited for their location, culture, or other family needs.
During and after the assessment is complete, Parent Aware participants are given access to quality improvement grants, consultants, and free marketing materials. The opportunity to earn a Parent Aware rating is available for any licensed family child care provider, child care center, Head Start or Public School Pre-Kindergarten Program.
Parent Aware, funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, is a trusted resource for parents searching for the best quality child care and early education for their child.
The following programs recently earned a star rating in these Scott County communities:
- Belle Plaine – Brittany Hare, Kristy Konopacki, Memories and Milestones
- Elko New Market – Kristen Osiecki
- Jordan – Michelle Bisek, Mayce Bulau, Michelle Herzog, Melissa Hill, Nicole Rogers, Carrie Speikers
- New Prague – Mary Amundsen, Jodie Gregory
- Prior Lake – Rebecca Adair, Lisa Brown, Cheryl Coghlan, Michelle Conda, Kara Downer, Kim McCullough, Julie Smith
- Savage – Cindy Hillburger
- Shakopee – Roz Addler, Kathia Anders, Christine Dolaram, Shirley Eide, Shaina Elfert, Kristen Hager, Jody Hahn, Kjersta Hoffman, Sonny Hughes, Carrie Molash, Cheryl Nelson, Sandy Newman, Crystal Overeby, Alison Rahn, Linda Schesso, Anne Schook, Nicole Sullivan, Amy Varab