Women, Infants and Children (WIC)


WIC ensures families have the nutritious food needed to create and sustain a healthy lifestyle. We also provide referrals to healthcare services as well as breastfeeding promotion and support. A key component of WIC is education, including nutrition assessment, and one-on-one counseling to help families make healthy choices.


Am I eligible?
Eligibility is based on household income. In Scott and Carver counties, WIC is administered by CAP. For individuals living in Dakota, WIC is administered through Dakota County Health Services.

How do I apply?
To apply for WIC, you can complete the screening form at the bottom of this page or you call call to complete the screening process over the phone. At your first appointment, you are required to provide the following:

  • Proof of Identity
  • Proof of Income
  • Proof of Address

 Scheduling an appointment 

  • Residents of Scott County, please call (952) 496 – 2125
  • Residents of Carver County, please call (952) 567 – 8229
  • Residents of Dakota County, please call (952) 891-7525

For current WIC participants: 
You do not need an appointment for a nutrition visit,  it is a walk-in service. Check the nutrition visit schedule for days and times.

Peer Breastfeeding Support Program (PBSP)

  • Benefits of a Peer Counselor: With each pregnancy and birth, a mom can expect unique victories and challenges. It is comforting to know that you and your baby will always have someone to help you through some of the challenges that can come with breastfeeding and lactation. The Peer Counselor is someone you can count on to be a knowledgeable resource.
  • When are Peers available? 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and holidays. No appointments are necessary. You may reach your peer in a variety of ways: calling, text messaging, or emailing, whatever is the most convenient for you.
  • How do I get in contact with a Peer Counselor? If you are pregnant or nursing, and would like to speak with a Peer Breastfeeding Counselor, please call the CAP Agency at 952-496-2125. 


Using your WIC card

eWIC User Tips

State & National Resources

Every March, WIC celebrates National Nutrition Month, below are some resources for healthy eating and physical activity:

Breastfeeding Support Videos

WIC Screening

Include all earnings (before tax income) in the household, including social security benefits and child support payments.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; fax: (202) 690-7442; or email: program.intake@usda.gov This institution is an equal opportunity provider. 

Translate »